Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Youth in Revolt


Francois Dillinger is cool. He is the cat’s pajamas, the bee’s knees, and the otter’s sunglasses (the last one is something only Francois can be as it is too cool for the rest of the world). I know, I know, the point of the movie is that Michael Cera, or Nick as his character is called, finds true happiness in being himself instead of Francois, but who are we kidding, Francois is awesome. I rejoiced every time he came on screen and did something ridiculous and wonderful. I fear they ended with the wrong message in the charming film Youth in Revolt (yes, just remembered I should mention the title). I think perhaps Nick should have finally started taking chances and living his life, instead of hunching back over and returning to his squermy self. Oh well, enough hypothetical rubbish, onto what actually happened in the movie.

It was rather delightful. The characters were charming and likable. The plot was entertaining. Ke$ha was in it! Fun was had by all. I did find Sheenie, Nick’s love interest, mostly annoying, but it suited the role. Her sweater-wearing boyfriend and drug-using brother were fun add-ins. The ending didn’t much suit me, but I still left the theater happy. This all may seem a little vague, but that is because I’ve realized that talking too much about any part of this movie is bound to give something away, so just go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment