Wednesday, January 29, 2014

And the Winner Is... Totally Predictable

Don't get me wrong, I love the Oscars. I love the red carpet dresses, Jennifer Lawrence's somewhat drunken interviews, and all the amazing movies that come out at the end of the year. But, they do tend to be a bit predictable. I mean by the time the Oscars happen The Golden Globes, The Screen Actors Guild Awards, and The Directors Guild Awards have all already crowned their victors, so you have a pretty good idea of what's coming. So, I've decided to highlight some of the great films and actors that I loved this year, but that would probably never be recognized by the lovely Academy.

Here's a fun, little picture showing you all the great movies that would never get a Best Picture Nomination, but that I think are totally worth watching:

Short Term 12, The Kings of Summer, The Way, Way Back, About Time, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Austenland, Trance, Before Midnight, Wadjda
I can highly recommend all of these, and most are no where near as serious as the nominees for Best Picture. And if you can't rely on my word, here's a playlist of all of their trailers: 


You also don't want to miss these great performances by people who apparently aren't famous enough for the Academy to nominate:



Brie Larson in "Short Term 12," Miles Teller in "The Spectacular Now," Moises Arias "The Kings of Summer," Sam Rockwell in "The Way, Way Back," Josh Gad in "Thanks for Sharing," Julie Delpy in "Before Midnight"

DO IT. WATCH THESE MOVIES. THEY ARE GOOD. END OF POST.

No comments:

Post a Comment