Friday, April 29, 2011

Fast Five

I’m gonna start this review off with a little quote from Gilmore Girls which is, as some of you know, one of my favorite shows.

RORY: Okay. Do you remember when you begged me to go see The Fast and the Furious with you, and I said no? And then, you begged me to go see The Fast and the Furious II with you, and I said no? And then, The Fast and the Furious III: Tokyo Drift came out… And I was, like, “I said no to one, and I said no to two. What do you think happened here? I got a brain transplant or something? … Well, I was wrong, because I have finally understood the awesomeness of cars crashing into things.

Fast Five is that movie that makes you understand the awesomeness of cars crashing into things. I realize the franchise has had its ups and downs, Fast and Furious (the fourth installment) being one of the downs. But, I firmly believe the series has now been revitalized. I enjoyed every second of this movie. I mean it has everything: fast cars, a heist, an amazing foreign location, hot guys, hot girls, frickin’ awesome disses, and even some really nice character development and semi-emotional moments. Hell, it even had a plot, a great plot! What more could you want? Vin Diesel and Paul Walker are back and better than ever. Personally, I’m a Vin fan, but ain’t nothing wrong with watching Paul Walker for 90 minutes. I also loved the whole reunion/allstars component. I felt like I was getting to know the characters from the pervious movies again, and it made me excited to see them develop further.

I cannot recommend this movie highly enough. The only thing my friend and I could utter the whole way home was, “Sooooo goooooood.” I saw it in IMAX, which I’d totally recommend as well if you don’t mind spending the couple extra bucks.

Oh, AND, stay for the credits. YOU WON’T REGRET IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment